Friday, June 11, 2010

Aidan ain't got nothin' on Peter Piper's Peck of Pickled Peppers!

Here is something my Mother-in-law sent me in an email. I laughed so hard!

I forgot to tell you an "Aidan" story before you left though... One afternoon while you kids were out, Aidan came in and wanted to know if he could have some pickles -- he had seen a big jar of them sitting on the garage floor (thanks to g'pa bringing stuff home from his parents' house) and he wanted some of those -- because they were round...he doesn't like the long ones. ;o) ANYHOW, I told him that I already had some pickles open and asked him to try those first to see if he liked them. BOY! Did he LIKE them -- and wanted me to make him a sandwich with them...you know, like the hamburgers. I said, "Well, sweetie they put dill pickles on those, and these are sweet pickles..." No, he insisted he REALLY liked these. So I got a piece of bread (half of a left over hamburger bun), and while I was following his instructions, Dylan came in.
He gets all excited telling Dylan how WONDERFUL these pickles are...and keeps saying, "Dylan these pickles are really, really, really good!!"
Dylan is obviously dubious, so Aidan amps it up!! He goes, "Dylan, these pickles are really, actually, LITERALLY delicious! I LOVE these pickles!"
I was laughing so hard I could hardly get the mustard and ketchup onto the bread -- oh, yes...mustard and ketchup in "measured" amounts! He told me EXACTLY how much to put on....and how many pickles (2)...and how I should center them on half the bread!! HILARIOUS!! He ate every bite though, and seemed to enjoy it!
I asked Dylan if he wanted pickles too. No thanks -- he would take banana bread though. ;o)

No comments: