Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Incentive Program

So, it seems to be working! What you ask? My Incentive Program. LOL

The boys are terrible about going to bed, right? RIGHT. So out of desperation I bribed them. I told them last night if they could go to bed without any problems, without me going up to their rooms, without them coming down to tattle or ANYTHING..... then they would get a prize the next day. Well, they did it....so today their prize was baking cupcakes and eating one. ONE. Let's not get too crazy now. No matter how many I actually ate.... I don't count. ;o)

So, we're at it again tonight.....and tonight they did great AGAIN. So that means I better start getting creative for ideas for fun prizes. A friend suggested taking them to Airmen's Attic on base (where everything is FREE) and letting them pick a toy. Problem with that is that I've NEVER seen a clean toy there EVER and I'm a germ freak....especially since germs breed like rabbits here on base. Sicknesses are passed around here SO FAST it's ridiculous. I'm a fan of staying away from "high traffic" areas.

Instead, she thought of another idea of letting them have a "bubble bath" for their toys in a small pool in the backyard. I'm game for that. Problem now is taking them tomorrow to find a small pool since we don't have one. haha!

I hope I'm onto something great here! If so, it would eliminate a HUGE stress in my life at the moment. Bedtime makes me absolutely insane. Irrate, and insane. LOL Last night was so amazingly good that I watched a movie without interruption AND cleaned the rest of the main level....including mopping floors. I had energy b/c I didn't wear myself out referreeing bedtime for 2+ hours! YES! And tonight, watched a movie with a friend who gabs as much as I do....which is why she didn't leave until 2am....and why I'm on here at 3am.

Priorities people. Priorities. ;o)

No comments: